Before reading this article, and in order not to be lost, if you do not know the different types of vaping devices and e-liquids, I advice you to read the following articles: 1. What To Look For In A Vape, to learn more about the different vaping devices; 2. Finding The Best Liquid For You, to know more about the different e-liquids.
E-cigarettes have taken over the world of nicotine as the favorite, classy and discrete way of consuming nicotine products. This invention has triggered the development of dozens of nicotine salts and flavors not to mention a hundred versions of vaporizers. The wide range of varieties of nicotine products can be mind-boggling to users. Without proper information, you can end up purchasing the wrong products than what you had planned for.
What is Free-base Nicotine liquid?
Well, free-basing is a scientific process of increasing the concentration of nicotine in a nicotine product without increasing the volume. This process aims at increasing the potency of the nicotine product by reducing the residue volume hence increasing the concentration.
Pure nicotine can be easily absorbed into your bloodstream compared to other derivative products. It only takes a matter of seconds before you feel the effect of free based nicotine liquid after vaping it. A good example of Freebase nicotine liquid is the MTL e-liquid
Using MTL Free-Base Nicotine Liquid on Vape Pod Systems
Free-base nicotine liquids can be used in any e-liquid vaporizer designed for nicotine salts including pod systems. It is very effective as it delivers the strong and voluminous amount of nicotine at once. MTL free-base nicotine e-liquid is compatible with most pod systems and it provides a better alternative to nicotine salts. But the only bad thing about it, the less flavor comparing to using the same liquid with MTL tanks on box mods.
What is The Difference Between Freebase Nicotine E-Liquids And Nicotine Salts?
The main difference between MTL free-base nicotine e-liquid and nicotine salts is the concentration of nicotine in them, as while you find nicotine levels of 6%, 9%, 12%, 18% in freebase nicotine e-liquids, nicotine salts starts with 20% and can reach up to 50%, which is not good at all to your health. This difference introduces the disparity in the vaping experience offered by both juices.
Another difference is that Nicotine salts are very alkaline in nature. When taken rapidly, they induce a corrosive feeling on the throat of the user thus ruining your vaping experience. Too much of it can also affect your blood PH levels.
Apart from these differences, both MTL Freebase nicotine liquid and salts have a high concentration of nicotine compounds only that freebase liquids tend to be acidic while the nicotine salts are basic. Both should be used moderately to avoid overdosing.
Advantages of using MTL freebase liquids compared to nicotine salts
I will remain as objective as possible in this part of the article as the two nicotine products are derived through a different process and are designed to offer vapers exclusive experiences.
- Satisfaction; MTL Free-base offers great satisfaction compared to nicotine salts. Nicotine salts are super concentrated hence requires great precision and experience when it comes to deciding on the amounts to use.
- Nicotine salts can only be used on low powered e-cigarettes. Mod systems and sub –ohms are not compatible or efficient for salts vaping. On the other hand, MTL Free-base liquid can be used in any pod system without affecting your vaping experience.
- An added advantage is that Free-base e-liquids are very pocket-friendly compared to nicotine salts although this mainly depends on the quality and type of the liquid or the salt in question.
In all cases, never use salt nicotine e-liquid on mods or any MTL tank other than the pod systems
The Chemical composition of Nicotine salts
Naturally, nicotine exists in tobacco as a free unstable molecule. The instability of this molecule gives it the ability to combine with an acid to form a stable nicotine salt. Different variations of nicotine salts arise from different combinations with different acids.
Examples are citric based, benzoic based, malic based nicotine salts made from citric, benzoic and malic acids respectively.
Negative Effects of Nicotine Salts
- Nicotine salts are very addictive; when compared to free base e-liquids, nicotine salts pose a great danger of addiction as the associating acids increase its concentration in the blood when it dissociates.
- Toxic effects; since most nicotine salts are made from benzoic acid, it is believed that users are at a risk of getting intoxicated by the acid. Scientists are still investigating its possibility to cause pseudo-allergic reactions.
- Overdosing; since nicotine salts are highly concentrated, users can easily take an overdose without their knowledge.
Therefore, MTL Free-base nicotine liquids are the best option for your pod system. It has many advantages over nicotine salts as we have seen.
Again, salt nicotine is a big NO!